Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audiocodes MP201B

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
I just setup one of these on a Shoretel R12.1 system. It was very painless. Basically here is what I did to get it working.

1. Allocate your SIP proxy ports and SIP trunk ports on your SG switch
2. Assign your virtual proxy IP and proxy switch for the site
3. Create a new user group just for the SIP phones.
4. Create your SIP trunk group. Make sure Tandem trunking is enabled on the inbound and select a user group with permissions to dial out of your regular trunks. Outbound will follow the same settings as your PRI or whatever. DO not choose the allow all user groups access option when you save. You need to enable access for this trunk group to the SIP user group manually.
5. Create your SIP trunks and point them to the Audiocodes box IP.
1. FOllow the basic setup instructions that come with the unit. Assign a static IP.

If I missed anything or if anyone has questions post back and I will try an answer or correct as quickly as possible.

One note I need to add. When I installed multiple units, I had to set the individual IP of each MP201B on each SIP trunk. They were not able to dial out until I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back