Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio WAV File Lag Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

seancane

IS-IT--Management
Sep 27, 2002
US
I am using Citrix as a way to help Health Care companies do remote transcription of confidential files. We use wav files, and the application running on the Citrix Servers interfaces with the foot pedal controlling the audio stream on the remote workstation. The comunication from footpedal on the workstation to the App on Citrix is extremely quick. However, the audio takes about 3 seconds before it stops. It seems there is cache or queuing that has to run its course once the application has been told to stop.

This does not happen when application and footpedal are on the same machine (WHETHER THE MACHINE IS CITRIX SERVER OR WORKSTATION).

I have tried Audio Settings on LOW Medium and HIGH. It makes a very small difference (a little less lag time on LOW setting).

Any ideas on what cache locations I can look at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back