Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio Too Short ( 2337) Error when using RAP for playback NICE 8.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDouglass27

Technical User
Jan 23, 2013
US
We are having a peculiar issue where the audio too short error appears when we attempt extension side playback. Playing the call locally over the sound card works just fine. So it's not a true mapping issue, I don't think... Anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this issue? This is for a NICE 8.9 system.

what are output manager logs and channel server logs saying. have you check the rap unit and see if its ok?
also in nice admin output bus definition can you post a screen shot of output manager module on CLS. are the times synched on cls and logger?

Let me check on the logs. We are able to play some calls over the same RAP units and others receive this issue so I think we can rule out the RAP unit. Let me get the other information.

Also, I have all loggers using W32time and pointed to CLS as time source, call times should be uniform across the loggers/CLS db.

Is there anything I should be looking for specifically in the CHANSRVR or Output Manager logs?

ok start with basics. when you get allocated the extension with issue via nice query to dial and you dial it it answers right?

if it does then the rap unit is ok, if it doesnt rap maybe at fault.

the extension that you say has the issue in output bus definition what output channel is it 1,2,3, or 4?

if you save the call as a wav file and then replay the call via the problematic extension does it play now. what sp do you have on logger?

on output manager module on cls the colour should change as output is allocated does this happen

in nice admin under channel groups output channels do they all show?

whats sp is your apps on, have you tried restarting output manager. did you run bugfind on logger to see if there are fatals with regard to laf card?

Information compiled so far....

[ul]
[li]Local Playback works just fine.[/li]
[li]RAP answers when called. We are able to listen to SOME calls but more often than not we cannot listen via extension.[/li]
[li]Saving the call for local playback works just fine. Playing after saving the call locally via extension side playback produces the same error.[/li]
[li]No Fatal errors with regards to LAF on BugFind, just 2 related to the backup DAT.[/li]
[li]No SP installed as far as I know on the Loggers. [/li]
[li]Color changes in Output Manager just as you would expect once channel allocated. [/li]
[li]Output channels all show in Admin.[/li]
[li]All extensions on this logger alone (no other logger doing this) are affected. The ouput bus is 4 per output manager.[/li]
[/ul]

If I missed any answers just let me know, I'll be happy to provide it! Thanks again for your help!

if you connect to the logger via RDP or directly across the top of the digital logger module will be a version can you send the full version. i have seen this issue on old sp's where it incorrectly queries the logger token and gives the wrong time back

I don't think there is a SP applied to this logger, but the full version from the Digital Logger window is 9.1.09.35. I have another logger with this version and it is able to playback calls through the extension side playback feature.

thanks its on latest sp9. if you can play back through another OK then I would look at output bus definition in nice administrator and ensure its setup correctly.

i presume the NICE applications are on sp4 and CLS is on latest Service packs. audio is too short can also refer too status not ok on calls. if you can up reporting level and post logs off cls that may help pinpoint your issue.

Let me see what I can do. I'm going to try to restart the Logger first, to see if that helps clear up the issue. Secondary to that, I will restart CLS and then if still not clear we will look at reporting levels. I appreciate your help. This problem just started to occur after 9 years of no issues! Just our luck!

logger restart may help. you can close out output manager module on cls and it will relaunch without restarting cls.

the logger restart will cause a database consistency check and this is only a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back