Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio skips only on 2 new Dell's

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchelt

Technical User
Jul 30, 2001
US
Hi,

I created a pretty straightforward CD-ROM presentation using Director 7 (yes it's old but it works and I cannot justify the upgrade because I do not use it too much).

The CD-ROM uses wav files that are linked not embedded to via the timeline and play automatically when the viewer enters a specific frame. I have tested the CD-ROM on at least 10 PC's ranging from slow P3's to very fast P4's including laptops and desktops and everything works perfect.

My client has purchased two new Dell's at his office and when he tried the CD-ROM's the beginning of the audio files sometimes skips and plays the first few words TWICE and then continues.

I am not using any Flash Movies/Audio or QuickTime Movies/Audio for the audio, just wav files.

I had the client make sure that no other wav player was starting in the background and he said there weren't any.

Has anyone ever ran into this? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Mitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back