Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio recording with Managed DX 9? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatRickGuy

Programmer
Oct 12, 2001
US
Does anyone have, or know where I could find a good example for audio recording with DX9 with .Net 2.0? I've found a few examples, but they are all using .Net 1.1 and seem to be rather out dated.

Thanks,
-Rick

VB.Net Forum forum796 forum855 ASP.NET Forum
[monkey]I believe in killer coding ninja monkeys.[monkey]

I managed to find a sample, but I ran into an interested outcome.

DX9 was not picking up the audio stream from my WinModem, but it was picking up the audio stream from my Microphone... even with the Microphone muted. It appears that DX will override the OS/Windows settings, which is a tad bit scary if you ask me.

-Rick

If you can share it or a link to it I would love to see the sample you found.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.

The sample I found was in the DX10 SDK.
It will install on XP SP2 if you have VS2005 (not sure about 2003). If you launch the sample browser and filter by managed code, it is one of the 'beginner' level samples. I can't remember its name though. Be advised though, that download is about 1/2 a Gig. I'm not sure if their upstream is throttled, but it took about an hour to download on a business class cable modem with little competing traffic.

-Rick

Cool. Thanks.

-I hate Microsoft!
-Forever and always forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back