Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio problems for video on ipod 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrathoffavis

Technical User
Dec 27, 2005
US
Hey I just got an ipod video and love it. I have changed the files for my videos on quicktime pro, so they are exporting to my ipod from itunes just fine. But when i go to watch my videos on my ipod there is no sound. When I look under movie properties in quicktime I see I have a video track but no audio. All my videos before being converted have audio but the newly converted ones do not. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks!

Hi,

I have just received the same iPod, actually I bought it for myself after Christmas. I have the 60 GIG in Beautiful BLACK! Of course it went from factory wrapper into a leather plastic front case. So it remains a contact virgin.

Anyway, I upgraded to Quick Time Pro so I could do what your doing, but have yet to do it successfully. Can you give me the Walk Through Version". Thanks!

And just to make sure it was not the iPod, I bought a Music video from iTunes and it worked flawlessly! Talk about the WOW factor ~ WOW!

Wait no longer, buy one and don't look back!

Joey

Smeagol7 and wrathoffavis, have you managed to have any success other than with video that you have fownloaded from the iTunes site? I have tried numerous times to get Quicktime to "Export to iPod" and have not had successful sound. I have experienced exactly what you described wrath...

I did, however, have some success when I tried the process with a shorter piece of video. As you know, it can take a helluva long time to Export a full length movie. It's very disappionting when your computer spneds the better part of the day processing something only for you to discover it did not work.

As an experiment, I downloded a clip that was only 26MB and went through the process with it. I was sucessful with that clip. Could it be possible that the file size interferes with the Export process?

I'm experiencing the same problem. We produced several PowerPoint slide decks that include both audio and video with audio. When I save a presentation as a Quicktime movie from PowerPoint, it retains the audio and video with audio. However, when I export the movie from Quicktime Pro to the IPOD format, it retained the audio associated with each slide, but loses the audio associated with the video. The video shows up fine--just no audio with it.

Let me know if you have found away around this problem. Thanks.

So it isn't just me?

And no, file size does not matter. I have a 2:22 music video(Eruption- Van Halen, Live '94) and I tried converting that along with, but not at the same time as, Napolean Dynomite. Not only did it not work on my iPod, but it didn't even save correctly as a .mp4(the files the iPods support). That seems like either a bad product or an insanely good scam...

I'll shoot Apple an email or call. That's a ripoff if you can't convert it like they say you can.

I am using videora ipod converter to convert videos into the correct format for my ipod (free download - google search it). 50% of the time it works wonderfully, but when I convert full length movies they tend to go out of sync toward the end of the movie (the voices dont line up with the mouths). Can someone please walk me through this problem?

----------

Steve Budzynski

"So, pass another round around for the kids. Who have nothing left to lose and for those souls old and sold out by the soles of my shoes"

Nevermind I figured it out :)

----------

Steve Budzynski

"So, pass another round around for the kids. Who have nothing left to lose and for those souls old and sold out by the soles of my shoes"

Steve Budzynski - what did you do to adjust the audio for the video download? I am having the same problem, but have found the solution yet - would appreciate your help. Thanks - Sandra.

Sandra, are you using videora ipod converter? If not I suggest you download that.

I will tell you exactly what I do, this has solved all my audio synch problems!

1. Find the video you are going to convert - right click it for properties, advanced properties. Then find out what the VIDEO FRAMERATE is and AUDIO BITRATE.
2. Open videora and go to setup - profiles. Then type into the video framerate box the exact number you got from that particular movies properties.
3. The do the same for the audio bitrate box.
4. I didn't modify anything else, but I did save this as a new profile - you can name it whatever you want.
5. Then in videora click convert, open the file you want to convert by clicking transcode new video. Make sure you pick the converting profile that you just saved before you convert the movie! (this is where I was having problems (so simple I know!) I kept changing settings but never changed the profile so my changes werent taking effect!)

After the movie converts you can go through and see if the audio and video line up. Like I said this has fixed 100% of my problems. The only bad part is you have to find out specific video and audio rates per video and adjust the settings before you convert.

If this for some reason does not solve your problem then let me know and we can look into exactly what your settings are, I'm sure b/t you and I we would be able to figure it out!

Either way let me know how it turns out!

----------

Steve Budzynski

Steve -

Thanks so much for the info. I was using Videora iPod Converter. However, I was unable to view the VIDEO FRAMERATE and/or the AUDIO BITRATE information for each video (I did not have the "advanced options" tab, only the "general" tab).

In any case, I went and purchased "PQ DVD to iPod Video Suite," which seems to working just fine.

Thanks again for your help! -Sandra.

hmm well any solution is a good solution!

----------

Steve Budzynski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back