Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

audio problem with MerMail calling an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

brtim

Technical User
Jan 21, 2004
US
We have an Meridian Option 11C, with software release 25.40. A few days ago we upgraded from a 24-channel T1 line to a 23-line PRI line with D-channel, using an NTRB21 board. The install was successful: all the old DIDs were ported over successfully and calls go out and in fine.
Unfortunately we now have an unexpected and aggrevating problem. When the system was installed 12 years ago we set up a DID for people to call in on to bypass the switchboard. After hitting the IDC table, the call goes to an ACDN which sends it to the Meridian Mail system. After listening to an announcement the caller can dial whatever extension they want from inside MerMail. This process worked fine with the old T1 line. Now, however, callers are unable to access an extension. The call does go to MerMail and you do hear the announcement, but when you call an extension no audio gets through. If you dial the ACDN directly using a phone within the system everything is fine. But when when someone calls in using the DID to reach an extension and it is answered, neither the caller nor the person at the extension hear any audio coming through.
Any ideas?

The problem can't be on the Meridian Mail as it works fine with internal calls. Therefore the ptoblem has to be with the configuration on the new PRI route.

I would take a look in the RDB.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

In the RDB for that PRI - look at DSEL, it's probably set to the default VOD - try changing it to 3VCE

Thanks for your reply. The route for the PRI line was already set for DSEL = VCE.
Would love any other ideas to try.

One thing we noticed in the DCH monitoring is that when the audio fails one of the messages is: "Terminating End Not ISDN. Connect #7000" 7000 is associated with the ACDN and is part of the MerMail programming. Perhaps not a problem but thought I'd mention it.

Thanks again.

I am thinking about doing a call trace for a call originating from an inside extension dialing 4111 (which works) and an outside call coming in on the DID (which does not work) and comparing the pathways on a call to the same inside extension.
Could someone explain how I could set this up and try it?
Thanks.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
Had to set the BSGC attribute to 65535 instead of 0 in NET_DATA in the CDB and everything now works fine. I discovered this by searching through old threads that had weird audio problems and found one for which this fixed the problem. Low and behold it fixed ours as well.

Glad you have that solved! Good job finding that solution.

Just curious, are you using tenanting? My understanding of BSGC is that it's use is meant for multiple PBX's or multiple tenants within a PBX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back