Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio not audible in monitor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellellbee

Technical User
Oct 27, 2006
CA
I am capturing analog video with a Pinnacle DV500 and editing with Premiere 6.5. It captures the audio along with the video. I can hear the audio in the thumbnail viewer of the project window but nowhere else. No sound when playing the clip from the project window bin nor when playing the timeline in the monitor. I have read, studied, checked every setting possible. Pulling my hair out, please help.

Playback from a clip window uses Windows services - ie normally the sound card output to your computer speakers.

Timeline output on a DV500 system is routed through the DV500, so unless you have a speaker attached to the blue box, you don't hear anything. This is described in the ReadMe and manual for DV500, but is easily overlooked as many before you will testify.

You have a number of useful options:
1. Connect blue box audio output to your sound card audio input and listen on your computer speakers.
2. Connect your blue box audio output to a TV and preview both pictures and sound there when playing the timeline (the best option for projects destined for TV). A variation is to route through an analogue VCR to the TV, which means you have all the wires in the right place when you record to S/VHS tape if that is your target.
3. Attach a FireWire device to the DV500 and either monitor there (DV deck) or on a TV etc attached to the analogue output of the FireWire device - thus using it as a bridge.
4. Use a dedicated DV-analogue bridge device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back