Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio interrupted in headset when second call comes in

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgeisler1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2013
US
We use 9608G phones and CS540 Plantronics headsets.

When one person (with the headset) is on a call and a second calls comes in, the second call's "alert" on the headset interrupts the audio and is causing them to miss parts of the conversations with patients. With their queue system, the interruptions are very frequent in conversations.

Is there a way to turn off the audio interruption in the headset?

Yes. Have only two appearance buttons (default is three) and enable "Reserve last CA" and on top of that disable call waiting.

I agree with Intrigrant. At one point I use to use call waiting but I find customers usually find it annoying and then request it turned off. I now tend to assume they don't want it unless they ask for it.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Turn the ringing volume down of try use a lifter. If they use a connector cable then the only alternative is what intrigrant suggested.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

@Westi, good idea but a lifter mic may pick up the initial ring when the handsets chirps once. This may break the call too.
If it's any consolation, my headset breaks speech on my pc client (equinox) when my mobile rings. Both are paired simultaneously to the one headset (Jabra).
If i join a video conference while on a mobile call i get both sources through the one headset. It just dims the sound for both.

Select reserve last CA.

Remember your training and you will make it back alive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back