Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio file conversions for Call Pilot 150

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucegarlock

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2010
US
Hello all:

Our Call Pilot 150 is at: 31.10.14.22

However, our software on the CD is probably out of date for this HW release. When I do a 'Help, About' in the CP Desktop Messaging app (CallPilot Player), it says release 1.07.

We are having some greetings professionally recorded, and I don't have any trouble getting them in the proper .WAV format (8kHz, 16-bit, Mono, PCM) but after researching the conversion to .VBK in these forums, it looks like its anything but seamless. I've seen posts where people have had to upgrade their client release, the CP hardware release, and perform all sorts of magic to get this to work!

Is it really this bad? I haven't tried to import the audio file yet, since this is all new to me, and I'll most likely have our phone vendor do that, but I wanted to do my homework to see whats involved, and this looks like it could raise my BloodPressure a bit.

Throw in the fact that Nortel no longer makes this stuff, and I tried to D/L the latest Desktop Messaging client from the Avaya site, but they want all sorts of codes and partner ID's to even download this software. Maybe this is all protected because of all the Intellectual Property happenings right now (good to be a tech IP lawyer these days :)

Can anyone offer me any insight on this one? Does anyone have any links I can download this software for a system that we paid a decent amount of money for? Is that software under some kind of court order for not being able to be released to paying customers?

Many thanks,

Bruce

-------------
Shameless rant: Why in the world would a company make audio files so complicated to work with, and require such a specific format that depending on the hardware release, and your client software release, you may or may not be able to upload a simple greeting message??

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. It is for the Auto-Attendant, but...

This is copy/pasted from the HELP:

"If you use a CallPilot 100/150 system, you can import .vbk files. You cannot import .wav files for CallPilot 100/150. If you want to use a .wav file, you must convert it to a .vbk file before you import it."

Since I use a Call Pilot 150, I think I need to do that conversion first, regardless of AA or Mailbox greeting, no?

Many thanks,

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back