Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio feed thru PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjtucker

MIS
Feb 12, 2004
US
We are exploring several options and would like to see if it is possible to setup a phone number for someone to dial into and listen to an audio feed. Similar to the way when someone is on hold anb hears music, radio news ect...

The reason is someone in another state will be doing the transcibing to privide closed captioning a hour a day for a TV broadcast.Is there a way to feed a live audio feed into the PBX have the transciber dial into that number- hear the feed and transcribe the audio. Thank for any suggestions you can provide.

As long as you can get a low ohm (600 I believe) audio feed into the PBX, you could do this just like MOH. Build a second MOH route, with a single trunk as a member. Terminate the low ohm feed on to that TN just like a music route. Use a DID as your access code, and you should be all set. As long as you do not set any trunks to use that new route as a music source, you should be fine. (I think)

There may be something I am missing, but I cannot think of what it could be. Your biggest hurdle here may be how to get the audio feed into the PBX. Many Music On Hold providers use the little silver output modules that take a standard audio cable (RCA) feed in, the provide a low ohm out via a two wire connection.

Hope the helps,

Scott M.

should work, for a shorter feed i would build an announcement service and let someone re-record that remote. cleaner, but a little pricey, call pilot mem is not cheap.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

There may be a unit that would work off a 500 set, analog. It would answer the call and then provide the audio that you feed into it. Almost like a dictation unit. will give you more information and options, and a better description. You need a device that will sieze the line so that it will work independently, no one will need to answer the line.

several people make a digital recorder simular to an answer machine with mem upgrades for that reason. dictiphone being the most common in the hosp side of dictation..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back