Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceaserx

Technical User
Apr 14, 2008
ZA
I need to convert a mp3 file to a .wav to upload onto the controller. I use CDex to convert it into a .wav file. When using the normal XP sound recoreder i lose a lot of quility when changing it to 8bits and mono. What converters do you guys use?

You could try Audacity, but I think you're going to lose quality no matter what, not because of the software used but because of the limitations of the codec.

I just recently had to do this and I ended up using audacity just like Lundah said above and experienced the exact problem he mentioned. When you listen to our MoH source it is very awful sounding. I am still using but only temporarily until I can get the original recording done for us sent to me in a .wav file.

Thanks, i will use it like it is for now until they can change the original for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back