Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio Conferencing Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonetrbl911

Technical User
Sep 11, 2008
US
I have a customer who just installed an new ACU and I get one way audio. I can hear them from the ACU however they cannot hear me. I did read the manual, what type of set should it come up as ? HF answerback is checked, HF is set to auto (tried every option), tried another digital port, same thing? And mute is not pressed. Any ideas?

Im sorry HF answerback is un-checked and HF is set to auto.

I also called Polycom and they told me that it is an analog unit, not digital. Its a Nortel Polycom Soundstation 2, part no. 2501-15100-601.

If it's analog, u should be on an analog port not a digital port. Are u connected thru an ATA?

The Nortel digital polycom soundstation is not compatable with the BCM, it is designed for the meridian digital ports.

You will need either a standard analog polycom soundstation (non Nortel) or alternatively the Nortel-Polycom IP2033 conference phone

There is also a digital one for the Norstar/BCM. It's called a NACU.

That seems to be the correct unit except the Nortel part number on my paperwork is listed as NTAB4213 and the description is as Dasheen says, Norstar Audio Conferencing Unit. I just installed 4 of them on a 450 last week and they all work great. All I had to do was plug them into digital ports with the default settings and they come up right away. I would suspect a faulty unit (don't forget patch levels too)but maybe try a 7316e set or similar in it's place and see if it works first before sending it back. I'm pretty sure it said Soundstation 2 on the bottom as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back