Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Audio across Metaframe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechJones

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
GB
Bit of a novice with metaframe so excuse my ignorance.

Can you listen to audio across a metaframe session and can I browse the web from within a session.
Thanks

Gary.

Thanks for your help.
We are looking at using it for an e-learning solution. would you know what would be the min bandwidth that we would need.
it would be web orientated with and flash movies containing sound etc.
Thanks again.
Gary

You can do this but, if it a web based system with flash components why not just run it on a web server? Make it a secure connection and away you go. That is what that medium is made for.

The bandwidth for audio varies depending on the setting you have; High uses 1.3Mb, so can't advise using that. Medium uses 64k, and Low uses 16k - Low is normally good enough, and probably advisable in conjunction with Flash movies - which can be jittery over MetaFrame, since it's not optimised for video of any kind.

Hope this helps CitrixEngineer@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks guys,
We would normal do as Jontmke suggested and just sit it on a web server but a perticular customer has 64k lines conecting all of there offices with metaframe already in place. They are reluctant to install additional lines for web access but I think that your comments have convinced me that even utilising the Metaframe would probabley require more bandwidth. And with the flash stuff it may still not perform that well.
Thanks for your help
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back