Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

atvn and tie on same TN? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL100OKI

Programmer
Jun 20, 2006
US
My next question is based on my Ie Shima M1, it has 1 pri going to the SL-100 adn can only do autovon and doesn't have anyway to access the commercial world that the 100 provides for it.

It has TN 002 01-23 all atvn and that is rte 1.

1. can i take ch some of those channels and make them into tie (IBN) trunks and still keep some as autovon (atvn)?

2. is it an easy change, and can the 100 support it.

yes they can, look at the qsig params, but your in the sl1 (pbx) forum.. might get the code from a central office (sl-100) forum

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We tried different signalling for ATVN and non-ATVN, but we could not get to differentiate the priority levels, without the DCH signalling to set this.

JITC, if I am correct, requires a dedicated DCH for ATVN circuits.

Is this a military site?

John

Yes sir, it is a military site.

I've talk to some other switches and they have not been able to put atvn and tie on the same TMDI card together. We only hvae 1 TMDI PRI right now so my M1 can't access commercial because it depends on the SL-100 to go on the Public Network.

What other sites on island are doing with similar situations is have to configure 2 tie routes on their one TMDI PRI card and sacrafice their precedence capabilities, I don't know if that is proper according to DISA.

Eventually we can get more bandwidth to add more trunk cards to, then I will have another thing to figure out...how to install a NTRB21AC and how to configure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back