Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attribute Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

suchitha

MIS
Jan 27, 2004
US
WE have table which has two SKU's,
one is a product SKU and the other is market SKU.
now both these SKU columns are exactly same, the only
differentiating factor between these is an indicator column which is set to 'Y' for the market SKU. now i need to make an attribute where i choose the market SKU and set the indicator to 'Y'
i am essentially selecting the market sku column where indicator = 'y'. how do i make such an attribute?
Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Sid

You can use applysimple. The definition would be like

applysimple("case when #1='Y' then #0 else null end", sku, indicator)

If I understand you correctly.

To be honest, I am not sure what you are asking for. Do you have a table with 1 sku column and 1 indicator, or do you have two tables, one has sku, the other has sku and indicator. And you never mentioned about the fact tables.

i have one table with two columns (market SKU column and item SKU column) which have the same identical data, the only differentiating factor being Indicator which tells which one is a markte SKU and which one is a Item SKU.
The applysimple statement might work, let me give it a try. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back