Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attibutes in a workflow 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2011
PT
Hello,

I need some functionality in the attributes page of a workflow, that doesnt seems out-of-the-box.

Things like these:

- make an item reference attribute required
- hide attributes from the user (because they will be populated with an item handler)

Can this be done without oscript? Change changing the attributes page? If yes, where can I find this page and how can I change it (any example)?

thank you

fwu

without oscript if you stay away from workflow attributes in your workflow design and use HTML FORMS based on livelink form templates then when you export the from template as HTML you can add any kind of "javascript simple validation".The javascript is running on the user'd browser so if you want the user to fill or not fill,show some parts or not show some parts that will be easy.I don't know perhaps itemhandler attributes are probably supported in forms if not it might be a very simple tweak for it to show up.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

With attributes you can make the Not Available, Editable, Read Only or Entry Required at each step, so you may be able to do something simple like that. If you want a more useable and functional UI, I would use HTML WebForms as AppNair suggests.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

hello,

ggriffit you are right. I cant make an item handler required when defining the attribute, but it is possible to control it at the step level. Thanks!

Relating to the form, Im trying to avoid programming, even client side programming. But it is a good idea, thank you appnair.

One more question about item handler: do you know if it is possible to assign an handler that is kept as text in some attribute, and then assing it sucessfuly to an item handler attribute?

thank you

the IH is essentially a reference to an existing node in livelink You create a Doscument Item Handler by pointing to a document in livelink.So in the map definition it may keep its value like a number (123456789).If you create a attribute that is supposed to hold text you can keep a number there as well(123456789).Now when you ask the livelink code to do something on the document,the fisrt check will tell likelink that it is not a IH Attribute as all these attributes have registerd types so text may be -1 and IH maybe something else so won't jive.As I said many of these commonly asked utilities are packaged by smart workflow programmers companies,so many business workflow cases can be done without intermediate programming.I am really not sure even if you can map a text attribute into IH.Have not been in livelink workflow for a long time so my answers on this are basically my work experince a long ways ago.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back