Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attention gurus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bra1niac

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
US
I have a real winner here. In actuality, it's not THAT hard, but I have burned myself out on it and can't 'see the forest thru the trees'. In other words, the answer is right in front of me... and I just can't get it.

I have a database that I am pulling RS's out of and displaying in html. No big thing there. However, I want to add a button (or whatever, it's not important yet) that will allow the person viewing this data to be able to click it and turn it into an excel spreadsheet.

I am most of the way there, but I can't get anything that comes close to working. I have it opening in a new window, specifying the MIME type ms/excel but something is amiss.

The irony is that when I'm at the computer that has the project on it, I can't access this website and vice versa, so I have little data to throw out with the exception of what my objective is. It's an NT platform, btw.

Thanks in advance. "Absorb what is useful, discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own." - Bruce Lee - The Tao of Jeet Kune Do

bra1niac,

I have a checkbox, that if checked, does this command. Put this just before the &quot;<table>&quot; tag. It works fine for me. Of course, your browser users must have EXCEL on their desktop for this to work.

Fengshui1998

if request.form(&quot;xcel&quot;) then Response.ContentType = &quot;application/vnd.ms-excel&quot;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back