Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

attendant coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisTheMenace

IS-IT--Management
Jul 25, 2001
US
I know... I know... but I did do a search already and couldn't find my answer ;o)

Definity Prologics G3si Release 8 with an s8500 and ONE attendant console (x599).

I have a total of 6 - but am concerned with only two trunk groups each with 4 members. TG1 is dedicated inbound and TG2 is in/out.

I need to be able to selectively have ANY call to the console be sent to a 6416D extension (x531) when the receptionist steps away from her desk for an extended period, calls out sick, takes a vacation, retires, etc.

I tried a couple of things that did NOT work:

1) Trunk night service [that ended up sending EVERY call to x531 including our DID #'s... it also did not send calls from internal people who dialed '0'. it also did not send calls from people who hit '0' to get out of someones voicemail box.]

2) hunt-ns does not work as my calls are not sent to the attendant via hunt group.

NOTE: I can't mess with night-serv as that also controls my queues (which I don't want to turn off during the day).

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Need more info??

Thanks in advance everyone!

-Dennis

=====================
Remember - YOU ARE UNIQUE!!!... Just like EVERYONE ELSE! ;o)

There are several ways to do this

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Thanks Brett! I think I've read about 700 posts on the attendant... but still don't have any clue where/what to do. I figured there was at least a couple of ways.

Would you have a recommendation?

-Dennis

=====================
Remember - YOU ARE UNIQUE!!!... Just like EVERYONE ELSE! ;o)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back