Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

attendant console, part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

saveasnew

MIS
Feb 13, 2003
US
I've setup the Attendant Console and am able to make calls, but how do calls come in? I want a certain extension to ring to the console.

Any help?

The Attendant Console on the 9600 is a little different.
There are several commands just for the Attendant.
ASS ATT (Builds the Console)
ASS ATTPK (Setup Console keys, 12 on right side)
ASS ATTAP (Setup Attendant Answer Priority, when using the Answer button)
ASS ATTAD (Setup Auto Dial keys if needed 12 right side)
ASS ATTHG (Setup Hundreds group for a BLF)
ASS ATTRB (Setup TG route busy indicators)
ASS ATTTL (Setup the terminating lamp calls are routed, IE LDN, OPR, Recall, TIE, etc.)
ASS ATTWQ (Setup the Attendant waiting queue)

If using DID trunks, asss dnis to route to the console.
If using CO trunks, assign the trunk to ring ATT for Day or Night.(ASS TRK, or CHA TRK, DIS TRK, DIS QDID, DIS DNIS)
For Dial zero calls,to the switch board.
ASS NPSYS,,,0,1,40,

If I assign the incoming CO trunks to ring to the attendant do all lines ring there or can I specify a specific extension?

Either, although once a trunk is assigned to ring the attendant, the switch board must be in night to activate the desiginated answering position(DAP). Each trunk has a Day and Night assignment. (DIS QDID) Alternates are to assign an extension that is call forwarded Busy or No Answer to the operator, use ACD for Time of Day routing.
So anything is possible, it is just finding a way get the calls where you want them to go to.

Actually, to have a DID terminate to the Attendant, you simply ASS LDN.

On incoming CO trunks, if already built, you can use the CHA TRK command to route the call to;
ATT
QDID (console in day mode)
FNA (console in night mode)
UNA (day, night, or both)

when i do an ASS LDN i get the error 126 back stating that the specific attendat access service is not available. i'm assuming this is because i don't have the ATSAAS optional software installed? or is this standard on R15?

i'm guessing this would solve my problems if i was able to direct a specific or multiple specific directory numbers to the ATT. does this sound correct?

Leave the "ATTDN" parameter blank.
It's only valid if you have specific attendant software implemented.

I'm sorry I'm a little confused.

I do a ASS ATT and do I put in the DN (1-3 digit number)? If I don't and then put in the ASS LDN and leave out the ATTDN, how does it know to go to the Attendant?

nevermind that last problem i have the extensions routing there, but now i'm running into some other problems.

the DAP is not working. i'm able to register the attendant to go to another extension when put into night mode, but it doesn't ring to that extension. when coming in from an outside line it says it's busy or it's like the extension isn't there. am i missing something?

1- In the ASS ATT command, the DN is ONLY used for attn to attn transfer.

2- The LDN is by design, only for incoming DID calls to the attn group.

Now the DAP issue;
First of all, the DAP destination must be a real port (either SLT or DT). It cannot be a VL.
The DAP destination must also have FNO 335 in it's COS to be able to receive DID calls. It may not be assigned to a restricted station (station-to-station calls only, origination only, etc.), or to an ACD pilot, or RSA directory number.
Also keep in mind that the DAP is not equipped with any special queue, but can only deal with one call at a time.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.
Hopefully, you're running R15 software. There a few improvements to DAP functionality in that release.

anyone have any issues with the attendant affecting the hold feature on digital handsets. the floor that the attendant is located on the people have a problem from time to time that they drop a call when trying to place someone on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back