Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attendant console forwarding 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue88

Technical User
Dec 7, 2006
US
We have lost our receptionist. so now we want to redirect telephone calls from the operator/receptionist(Att) to any one of several secretaries with digital phones (3093,3904)
but we also have condition that complicates matters. At night we have to switch all calls to the guards at another location. this is already programmed with the nite mode button. The 1st secretary will also have to forward calls from her digital phone to a 2nd secretary on her digital phone while she is away via the att. I have tried aodn to the 1st sect.# when a someone dials 0 she gets the calls but is unable to forward to the 2nd secretary. maybe there is a better way to do this? also since ive used aodn the guards no longer get calls in nite mode the 1 sect.gets them instead.

have you looked at nit1 2 and 3 as a possible option?.. another way is to pull 0 off of the console. make it a dn on an analog station, then use rcfw to send it any where you want.. that means the console would have another number as a atdn.. so you can rcfw to that.. since your using an analog, you can hard forward it from one dig set to another and it will follow fdn/hunk/or hard forward... something the atdn does not like to do

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I,have prt cdb and i see the nit1,nit2.... how would I add a second # and how would you know which one to select? pulling off "0" from the atdn isn't the prefered option at this time.

Thank you, I ended up changing the nit1 to the 1st sects.# now she can forward to all other secretaries. she obviously now receives all calls in nite mode and when she leaves for the day she forwards to the guards. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back