Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

attendant console forwarding calls to mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

beth08

Technical User
Nov 17, 2004
US
Hi, i have an attendant console that when trying to transfer a call to an extension it comes back to console instaed of going to voicemail.
Calls work however going to voicemail when not dialled via console?
Can anyone help? is this to do with recall attendant and timers?
thankyou!

if atim on your att data is longer then your rco.. the call does a recall to the att prior to fdn to mail

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

great thanks John, but can you tell me how i know what my RCO is, when i prt the 2250 there is no rco setting?
thankyou

Well, it's not "atim", it is RTIM and it's made up of three fields. The default is RTIM 30 30 30

The first 30 is the seconds before a call is "recalled"

The easiest way to fix this is call a phone and start your stopwatch. Get the time in seconds it took for voice mail to answer. Then go to LD15 TIM_DATA and at RTIM, enter

RTIM "aa" 30 30

Where "aa" = your stopwatch + 6.

~~~
GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies

thanks but the RTIM is already defaulted as 30 30 30 and it only takes 12 secs and call goes to voicemail... so should i reset RTIM to 18 30 30 ?
thankyou

No, the RTIM is fine if calls only ring 12 seconds before VM answers.

Do the test from a cell phone for example... i.e. come in as an outside call direct to the extension and watch how many times it rings.

Reason being, you can specify internal calls ring a different number of rings than outside calls. When a console transfers an external caller, the system looks at that as "external" even though the Operator is internal.

~~~
GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back