Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

attempting to refill your own ink cartridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

welward

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2014
US
thread697-1712921

I've found that refilling ink cartridges can be a real challenge. While I used to attempt it myself, I'm now resigned to using recycled ink cartridges that have been professionally refilled. I think my issue was that I used to refill them too many times. Apparently after about 3 refills the ink cartridge parts become warn and that can adversely impact the quality of the print outs. It sounds like that was happening in the post referenced above for that use who had the HP Photosmart 5510 printer. My advice would be to give professionally recycled ink cartridges a try before abandoning them for the name-brand replacements. I found the 5510's on sale at Castle Ink in case that is helpful: HP Photosmart 5510 ink cartridges

Low and behold, I did this with a cartridge for my 8500 only to find it still not working, apparently the chip on the cartridge had registered that the max number of pages printed had been reached so the printer still saw it as empty....

I refill my HP black cartridge myself with good results, easy and cheaper than a new one[medal]

The professionally refilled carts are the way to go IMO. You can fill some models fairly easily(mostly HP I've found and the KM 1600 series), but the parts of the cart are made to only last so long. The wiper and roller are changed with each professionally filled ones I buy. In case anyone is looking for a good deal, I shop at ldproducts dot com and they have excellent customer service. Curious where others shop(not Ebay) to see if there are better alternatives....

Learning - A never ending quest for knowledge usually attained by being thrown in a situation and told to fix it NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back