Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attempting to put (Print, stick or any way attach) a POP Number on OE Pick Ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDPerkins

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2014
US
Hello all.

We are using Progression 7.7.500. We have Flex, and make use of it a lot, though I know nothing about it.

We are a custom manufacturing facility and are developing an in house solution to keep track of employee activity on POP orders. Currently, when we sell a piece of equipment to a customer, we write an OE ticket and also a POP order. Then the sales person who sold and printed the OE ticket, simply hand writes the POP order number on the ticket.

With the Time keeping application I am working on, I need to somehow provide a barcode of the POP order number that accompanies the OE Pick Ticket. A couple options I have thought of were:

[ul]
[li]Print the barcode representing the POP order number on the OE Pick ticket. I am not sure of this method for a couple reasons though. Can I even link a POP number to OE Pick Ticket? Another issue is will a 24 pin Dot Matrix printer reliably print a barcode?[/li]
[li] Another option would be to print a separate label with the barcode needed for the POP order number to a separate label printer for the salesman to peel and stick it. Could this be done automatically using flex? how would I go about starting this?[/li]
[li] Provide the salesmen with pre-printed barcode labels and let them create the POP number manually rather using F5 to get the next sequential number. I realize this is probably an archaic way to do it, but if the above 2 option would work I am out of ideas. [/li]
[/ul]

Thanks for any feedback you all may have.

Hey,
You can link the tables like this:

PPORDFIL_SQL.Src_Ord_Type = OEORDLIN_SQL.Ord_Type and
PPORDFIL_SQL.Src_Ord_No = OEORDLIN_SQL.Ord_No and
PPORDFIL_SQL.Src_Line_No = OEORDLIN_SQL.Line_No

or for order history

PPORDFIL_SQL.Src_Ord_Type = OELINHST_SQL.Ord_Type and
PPORDFIL_SQL.Src_Ord_No = OELINHST_SQL.Ord_No and
PPORDFIL_SQL.Src_Line_No = OELINHST_SQL.Line_No

Make sure you choose the PPORDFIL.Src_Pkg_Id = 'OE'

Do you have Crystal Reports? You could make barcodes with it and print to laser printer.

Thanks for the reply! You mentioned Crystal, and it got me thinking, I think that modifying the Existing "Print Work Orders" report (PP04P1SQL.RPT)would the best way to continue. The way I see it, is it will be a built in function of progression and would be accessible at any time, as long as the end user has the barcode font installed on his machine I can't see a downside to this. I will update as I progress.

Okay, well my idea above will not work. I overlooked the fact that embedded crystal reports get the font re-formatted by Progression. Worst case scenario I am going to create a Crystal report and just put a shortcut to the Progression menu as a "Work Order".

DBergkamp10, Do you know if there is there a way I can edit the query for the Pick Ticket form, this way I can include the query you provided?

Instead of formatting the existing field as a barcode, add a new field and see if that works. You could also run the report in crystal itself external to Macola.

Software Training, Implementation, Programming and Support for Macola Progression, Macola ES, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back