Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attempting to delete records from ADO Recordset

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadatct

Programmer
Aug 11, 2003
CA
I'm looking for some insight on a problem I'm having with an ASP ADO Recordset. I'm trying to delete various records from an Access Database table, but I am getting some very strange results.

I know the code I've written to delete the records from the database is functioning as it should, because I am able to delete records, it just doesn't delete them everytime I execute the command. As you can imagine, it is becoming very frustrating.

I have an ASP page (listrecords.asp) that collects the records, and then displays them. At the top of that page, I have this statement, <% response.cacheControl = "no-cache" %> to prevent any caching that might take place. Each record that is listed on the page contains a link to the delete.asp page that will delete the record, and then redirect the user back to the page with the records.....pretty simple. Now, the thing is, I can click on a record, it forwards me to the delete.asp page, and return me to the listrecords.asp page without any errors taking place. Sometimes, the record will be deleted, and sometimes not. I haven't received a single error message, and I'm just about to rip my hair out.

Ctrl + F5 is not helping either.

Could anyone please offer some insight as to what might be going on here?! Thanks in advance.

Are you sending the record ID in the querystring to delete.asp?

Can you post the code for delete.asp please.

Tony

Try Replacing:

<% response.cacheControl = "no-cache" %>

With:

<% response.buffer = 0 %>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back