Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attd Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneTechMan

Programmer
Jun 4, 2002
US
Morning All, do you have to use a 302 series set for the attendant or can you use a 6416 or 6424? i thought that was changed to where you could use another set type besides a 302. Thanks In Advance.

You can use the 6416 or 6424 both will work fine. The 302 is the most common for the attd, but the choice is yours. If you use something other than the 302 create a vdn 0 that points to a vector like this:

1 route to number XXXX with cov y if unconditionally
2 stop

thicks70,

ar eyou using Softconsole ? if so i think you'd need a 302 plus cables and power for a connection to the PC.

Just a thought,
lever

you can use whatever you want for the "attendant" but you can't define anything but "console" or "302" IP or ported as an true translated attendant in Definity.
As phone guy said above, you're simply using a VDN & Vector for 0 to do a route-to command to an extension which could be a hunt group, station, etc, but 64xx can't be defined in the "attendant" translation we know of.
-Wes

Thanks for everyone's input. My apologies for the tardiness of my reply, we had major email issues last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back