Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachments disappear 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alpder

Technical User
Sep 22, 2002
AU
Using Groupwise 7 with no problems until recently. If I send an email with a small picture attached from my work Groupwise to my home email, the attachment will not be on the email when I check it at home. If I open the email at work (in Sent Items), there is no picture in the sent email.
If I get someone else at work to send an email to my home email with the same picture attached, it will work.
If I send the same email from work to someone else, it will work.

I would be grateful of any help

Try to send the same attachment to yourself at home from a DIFFERENT computer at work logged in as YOU.

If the attachment goes normally, start looking at operating system problems, malware and removing/reinstalling Groupwise on that machine.

Can you just defer to IT Support at work after you gather this last piece of info??? The other thing it could be is something related to your account in GW Admin, so you'd have to talk to them about that.

Thanks goombawaho.

I tried on anoth pc, and on another pc signed on as another user.Still did not work.

I rang a friend and asked him to send me an email at home with a picture attached and it was ok, so it is not a problem with my home pc/email which means it is a Groupwise problem with THAT email address.

Any other suggestions?

Yes, talk to your IT people. They can limit attachment size (on purpose or by accident), your mailbox may need repair, etc., etc.

It's not your responsibility to fix it unless your title is GroupWise Administrator. You've already given them all they need to go on - above and beyond the call of duty for a user.

Also on limit of size whiile you may be able to send say 20meg the postoffice on the other end may limit attachment to say 10 meg so no attachment received

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

^^^^assets: Except that he already tested it using other computers logged in as a different user. Picture was received. That was stated.

It may be Opportunistic Locking. This has been a problem with Netware for a long time.
These are the steps that fixed the problem.
Ensure you have Netware client 4.91SP2 or greater
Right mouse click Netware services icon on the system tray
Click Novell Client properties
On the advanced tab
Change Filing Cashing (change to OFF)
File cashing Exclusively Opened Files (change to OFF)
File commit (change to ON)
Also I have assumed you have check that all user have Read, Write, Modify, File Scan, Erase, and Create permissions to both the file and directory.

Never give up never give in.

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing :)

Thanks for all suggestions.

Assets - it was your suggestion that fixed the problem. I changed settings in Novell Client properties. I changed File caching and File commit (I did not have the optionFile chaching exclusively opened files). I have only done one test but it worked.

Many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back