Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachment being garbled between Outlook and Lotus Notes Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristieS

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2008
US

*ping pmonett or any other Lotus Notes email "expert"*

Hi Group,

I've got 2 separate issues here, both related to the same user and client and Lotus Notes email, but I will post issue #2 in a separate thread.

We are using Win XP SP3 with Outlook 2003 (not exchange) but POP3.

I have a user that sends an Excel report via an email attachment every Thursday to a client that is apparently using the email module of Lotus Notes. Looking at the headers of their emails, the 2 clients having the issues are using release 6.5.2 and 6.5.5.

My clients are reporting an issue opening her Excel attachment, stating that when the file gets to them, it's completely decoded and garbled, and they are unable to read the file. We can send this same file to anyone and everyone else we can think of, without any issues.

Does anyone have a clue as to what is happening here?

Thanks in advance for anyone & everyone's time.

--Christie

Sounds like the traditional Outlook issue with Notes.
Ask your user to change his default settings to not use Outlook's default attachment encoding but the web standard.
The issue should not crop up any more.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back