Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachmate Macro Paths

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonofmoog

Technical User
Feb 4, 2003
Using Attachmate 4.1.00.0012 I have recorded a number of Basic macros that I need to store in different paths. My problem is - when I go to Tools, then Macro, there is only one path available in the "Macros Available In" drop down list box. I've tried most everything I can think of to add others and come up empty. Is there a way to run macros from multiple paths in the accessory manager? Thanks in advance ..

Hi,

We are running EXTRA! 7.1a here, but I am pretty sure the process is similar.

Select Options -> Global preferences

Check the "Files/directories" tab. You can enter Macro search paths here. If you're after multiple locations, simply split the paths using a semicolon.

Hope this helps, let me know.

It didn't. The path in the Options .. Global Preferences dialog does not even appear in the "Macros Available In" dialog. I did some checking in my registry and discovered two Macro Search Paths:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Attachmate\EXTRA!\WorkstationUser\Preferences]
"MacroSearchPath"="C:\\Program Files\\E!PC\\macros\\"

and

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Attachmate\Accessory Manager\WorkstationUser\Preferences]
"MacroSearchPath"="C:\\INFOCN32\\ACCMGR32"

When I try to concatentate paths by modifying the first registry key directly, Accessory Manager hangs. So, I will proceed cautiously when trying future modifications.

Thanks for the response.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back