Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachmate Extra Extreme toolbars issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilblades

Technical User
Apr 3, 2008
US
I have been asked to troubleshoot macros on Attachmate extra extreme for a new client build coming to my job. I have some limited visual basic programming knowledge, but thats not the issue i need help with. The number one gripe that ive heard from the various teams that im working with is this: since the quickpad macros have hit the floor, the toolbar that is used throughout the company tends to creep across the upper area, until it is no longer on the screen, or retrievable. A simple fix for this issue would be to open the productivity menu and bring the errant toolbar back with a few clicks of the mouse. The only issue with this solution is that one of the restrictions that i am working with is that these menu options have to be disabled before the new revised macros hit the floor. Ive tried resizing the bar bigger than the screen width, moving the quickpad to a different area of the screen, and switching the bar to something different. Ive even tried undocking the toolbar and letting it float over the screen, all to no avail. As you switch between Attachmate and other programs, the toolbar continues its slow crawl off the right side of the screen. Is there any way to fix this issue?

Evilblades,

I'm encountering a similar problem. We're in the process of upgrading from Extra 6.7 to Extra X-treme. One of my users was trying to enable a QuickPad through the usual route of View | QuickPads, putting the checkmark beside the chosen QP, and pressing the Apply button. But the QP does not appear. For any other QP on the list, the same procedure works. My thought is that the QP in question has wandered off the screen.

A simple fix for this issue would be to open the productivity menu and bring the errant toolbar back with a few clicks of the mouse.

We do have access to the Productivity Pane (is this the same as the Productivity Menu?), but I can't see how to activate a QP through it. Which few clicks of the mouse would you use to bring the QP back?

In the meantime, have you been able to find any other solutions to the problem?

Thanks,

LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back