Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachmate dies after starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

thainguy99

Programmer
Jun 20, 2003
AU
Hello all,

I am hoping that someone can help me out here. The first time I create an attachmate object, it works fine. I click on the button to close it, it seems to work fine (no more Extra.exe in the Windows Task Manager). Then I got a button to restart a new session, it starts up, and closes itself straight away. I can see this happening in the Windows Task Manager as well.

I am wondering what I should do to avoid this problem?

Please help.
Thinh

Are you activating the session programmically or just trying to double click an icon?

If it's the latter, try to point a shortcut to the session in the ...e!pc(or 98)\session directory.

calculus

Thanks very much for your help on the BREAK Key. I got it working yesterday with <Clear> as well. For this question, I am activating it from VB code. System.createObject(&quot;etc..&quot;). It seems to be working OK now, but from now and then, there is an error message something like &quot;The application you are trying to access is busy, please switch or retry ..&quot; and then after a while, the VB loads up, but there is no Extra.exe in the windows task manager.

Any clue?

Thanks again,
Thinh

That looks like an Extra message that comes up sometimes. Although I've never done this, here is a suggestion. Since you are activating this through code, you may try using a pause after you create the object.

This is not as easy in VB, but you can use the Now function to create a Pause function.

Just a thought.

calculus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back