Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attachmate Closes (crash) on print screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaellaw

IS-IT--Management
Mar 25, 2004
GB
Hi,

Using print screen with attachmate 7.0 with a new set of printers (HP 2430) and every time you use print screen it closes/crashes attachmate but with no error message.

We have tried various printer drivers for this model and all cause this problem .. if you choose another printer model (tried 2 different hp drivers) it works fine and prints.

anyone come accross this before?

NOTE posted this on BOTH attachmate forums.

We have the same issue but with Konica printers. It works with our HP LJ5's, but crash when we try a print screen from the Konica's.

I have the same issue with Extra! Enterprise 7.11 when screen printing to a Konica Minolta Bizhub 7145. I tried several PCL and post script drivers, but the issue remains.

We have basicaly given up on this issue. As attachmate havent come back to us with a way to resolve this.

we have found you can use other drivers such as the HP Laserjet 4 etc and it works fine.

We have just told users to NOT do screen prints and use the application print functions within the mainframe.

We have the same problem when printing to HP 4200 series printers. We can print to other HP printers just fine as well.

Please if anyone gets the solution then please update me.

We have found a workaround to the problem by using the print screen key on the keyboard.

1 Temporarily set the default printer to any one which does not suffer from the problem. (If necessary you can install an imaginary printer on the PC for this purpose. We never had any problems with Lexmark drivers)

2 Tick the box 'use default printer' in the print screen dialogue in Attachmate.

3 Go to Edit Settings, Keyboard maps and tick the box 'printscreen key enable'

4 Save the session by clicking on the Save icon in the toolbar. (You might find due to NTFS permissions the file won't save unless the user is logged on with local admin rights)

5 Set the printer which is required as default.

6 Close down Attachmate and go back in.

It will now print using the PrintScreen key on the keyboard (but it still won't work using mouse clicks)

thanks for this info, I get the same problem. Never used to and then it started. My company changed printers a few moths ago so that explains why!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back