Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attaching Imported Images to Perspective Grid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohriver

Technical User
Mar 22, 2000
US
What IS the problem with Freehand's guides? It's built-in
help is so nebulous it's useless. Take for example the section on how to attach 'objects' to the perspective grid.
Simple enough. Click on Perspective icon in toolbar, drag 'object' to grid, tap directional key indicative of which way you would like it to 'wrap', release mouse.
Only problem is nothing happens.
Know what I think? I think it's because Macromedia has left a little something germane out. Like, for instance, just what the heck an OBJECT might be defined as!
So far the only 'objects' I can attach in this manner to the perspective grid are the lame standard paths built-in to the toolbar....oval, square, rectangle stuff.
That seems really weak to me. What about attaching imported gifs or jpegs to the grid? Wouldn't that be ever so much more helpful?
Or, err, ahh, are we supposed to start all over and just forget about the 60 gigabytes of images in our personal image archives, so we can recreate everything again in Macromedia's really cool tool Freehand?
It's easy to understand why this forum generates so little interest. This 'tool' is like trying to use a stripped-down version of Photoshop, and running the mouse with your nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back