Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attaching Files to a PDF document

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliveB

Programmer
Nov 22, 2001
EU
I am trying to find a method of attaching a file or files to a PDF. I have tried unsuccessfully with Annot (FileAttachment) and addDataObject etc. Does anyone have a working example of how to do this please?
Many thanks in advance.

I can only comment on my own experience here You can attach another PDF via the linktool. or make attachements that reside in the same folder or in a folder of say 'resources' (and do not rename it). The problem with attachments,(as I have found), when trying to link Acrobat PDF's via the internet or when burning to CD, is that the Program relies on 'last found' locality direction, which can cause the 'file not found' error you may have. However PDF's can easily be inter linked in any way - on your own drive and in any format with a program that resides on your own hard drive, such as Flash or QuickTime or other PDF for example. The program may not recognise your 'word file' but you could try linking to it through an html page link. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back