Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attaching documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkirkflex

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2006
US
Getting some questions from users about documents in SharePoint that I am not sure of the answer. We are using SharePoint services on Windows 2003.

1. Can you e-mail a document from the SharePoint site? I don't see a "send document" option.

2. Is it possible to upload a document from e-mail without first saving the document to a drive and then uploading the document? The users want to be able to upload directly from the e-mail that where the attachment is.

Thanks,

1) the only way I know how to e-mail directly from SharePoint is to go into a document library, switch the view to Explorer view, and then you can right-click the doc and select Send to:

2) You can right-click on an attachment, Save As... and then in the File Name: space, type in the url of the area that you want to save the document to. This is kind of a pain unless you add a new web folder to My Network Places because your users will need to remember the exact web location to save to and then type it in every time. You can add a new web folder to My Network Places that points to the area that you want to save to and then in the Save As... dialog select this new folder from My Network Places...Group Policy could also be used to do this

Thanks. Figured this out the other day.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back