Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attaching a file network path instead of a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I want to create a SmartIcon that works similar to a "file attach" but creates a network path to a file (hotspot) instead of attaching the actual file. Ex: //ntsc/coms/file.doc
This would save a lot of space in the LotusNotes 4.6. Does anyone know how it can be done? Any help would be appreciated.

Try this:

@Command([Execute];"c:\\path\\filename.doc")

1. Replace the "c:\\path\\filename.doc" with your network drive letter, path and file name.
2. Be sure to insert 2 backslashes, not just one, in between subdirs.

DDickey

thanks for the reply, but this command just opens the document, but what I want to do is press a button select a file from the dialog box, press OK and in the Email it would show the actual path to the file together with the file name and set Hotspot, so when I send the Email, the receiver should just click on the file path and get the document.
thank you for any help.

I found that you can drag and drop a shortcut to a file (as opposed to the file itself) into a Notes Document. Unfortunately it means that you need to create the shortcut first (eg. in windows explorer -> right click file -> select create shortcut). Slightly tedious, but it works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back