Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Attach text to all outgoing mail 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercilon

IS-IT--Management
May 18, 2001
US
I'm sure this is really simple, but I have not been able to figure it out. I would like to attach a legal disclaimer to all of out outgoing mail messages. That's all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark,

It's called a signature file. Check your email client's help files to determine how to do this.

Matt A+, MCP, MCP+I, MCSE Windows NT 4.0, MCSE Windows 2000 Early Acheiver with Security Emphasis

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given and if you like my advice, please mark it as helpful.

Actually, I am trying to do this system-wide. It's seem very inefficient to have to do this at every workstation. Is there any way to do it server side?

Thanks for the feedback, though.

Not that I've heard of. I'll check into it for you though...

Matt
A+, MCP, MCP+I, MCSE Windows NT 4.0, MCSE Windows 2000 Early Acheiver with Security Emphasis

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given and if you like my advice, please mark it as helpful.

Are you using Exchange? I dont believe there is any way to do this directly. I looked into it for my network awhile back. In the interim I setup everyones outlook client sig file with our disclaimer. Then we got Mail Essentials. You can set system wide messages that get added to emails, filter out messages/attachments, all kinds of stuff.

I use OmniQuad MailWall [omniquad.com] as an SMTP server (as well as MS-Exchange server) and this adds lots of extra functions, one of which is adding disclaimers etc.

I use it to collect mail from the ISP and forward it to my exchange box, it's easy to configure, and does the job very well.

hope this helps,

Jon. :) ----------------------------------------
To be is to do (Sartre)
To do is to be (Casmus)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back