Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATTACH A WINDOWS FILE OPEN DIALOG BOX TO A COMMAND BUTTON 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHTHOMAS

Programmer
Jun 16, 1999
AE
Visit site
I AM USING ACCESS 97. HOW COULD I ATTACH A WINDOWS FILE OPEN DIALOG BOX TO A COMMAND BUTTON. I TRIED TO REGISTER ACTIVEX CONTROL COMMON DIALOG CONTROL. BUT I AM NOT GETTING THE LOCATION OF OCX FILE. ALSO I WROTE A MODULE FOR GETTING THE FILE OPEN DIALOG BOX. THOUGH I AM GETTING THE DIALOG BOX THE FILE IS NOT OPENING WHEN THE "OPEN" BUTTON IS CLICKED.

I assume when you say you wrote a module for getting the file open dialog box you mean that you are using the windows API. If this is the case then you call the function and the filename is returned in the OPENFILENAME structure.<br>
<br>
The code for that kind of thing is in the Developer solutions database that comes with Access; it's under relinking tables and I'd suggest a look at that. Also, I downloaded a class module that does the same kind of stuff as the Common Dialog Control, but doesn't need to be on a form. It was somewhere on the MSDB Online Library, but unfortunately I can't remember where. I'll email it to you if you want.<br>
<br>
Jonathan

Thanks a lot for you valuable reply. I would be very much pleased if you could E-Mail the class module you did mention to chthomas@tebodinme.co.ae Eagerly expecting an early reply,<br>
charley thomas

I would like a copy of that module also, my email is phillipsr@epenergy.com, thanks a lot! Rick Phillips AKA Sundance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back