Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Att: Johnwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

r3b00t

Technical User
Aug 13, 2002
GB
Hi, thought id ask you because youve helped me alot already.

You probably have an idea of what im trying to do, but heres the gist of it.

I have 3 text boxes on the first form which when the submit button is clicked are added to a listbox on the second form in the one string eg. 1329321321 12/12/2002 12.12pm

This is a callback form for me to use here at work, and what i would ideally like is when the time of the callback eg. 12.12pm, comes, for a msgbox to appear with all the details contained in the string.

I dont know if this is possible, but if it is i would really appreciate your help AGAIN!

Thanx in advance

r3b00t

Nice to hear of your confidence in me, but this is an open forum.

I'm out of time now, but I'll try to get back later.

There will be many others with good answers for you Let me know if this helps

'There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.'

I would keep the information that you are placing in the list box in an array or recordset, then on a specifed time interval ( a minute would seem good here) check through the list for times that match, then alert that message.

As I write this it has occurred to me that if you use a recordset ( it doesn't have to be attached to a database, you can use a disconnected recordset) you can filter it on the current time, that way you will have a recordset with only the entries that match the current time. If this were done every minute you could loop through the filtered recordset to alert each of the items.

Hope this helps

Matt

I would take a look at the SetTimer API.

If you calculate the number of milliseconds from the time of submission (or use DateDiff to calculate seconds and multiply by 1000 for milliseconds), until the time of the alert, then you can pass that value to the SetTimer function with the address of a callback function. Then when the callback function is invoked, display your alert message. Good Luck
--------------
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

Thanx for the replies guys but im a novice and that's a bit over my head.

Thanx again

r3b00t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back