Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Att console needs to ring on other set

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarieCurie

Programmer
Jun 5, 2002
US
Hello all! I have a tricky situation. We have an auto-attendant that answers all calls initially. If someone pushes zero to reach the operator, my customer wants this particular kind of call to ring on another (2500) set as well as the attendant console. Internal calls to the console should not ring on the 2500 set. Is there a way to coordinate this sort of selective "bridging" with an attendant console and a 2500 set?

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

Marie Curie

No.
Where are the pushing "0"? From a station, a vector or a autoattdt in voice mail?

Well I reread your post, and I see that I missed that u said that it was coming out of a auto attd. The zero out destination in the voice mail auto attdt can be changed to the 2500 station, and I can't think anyway for the attdt to ring at the same time. But u can have it ring on the 2500 station and then have a cover path to the attdt.

Only other thing you can do is have the 2500 set pick up the call using TAAS, but it has to be earshot of the Console. If you could change the set to 6408, you could put an ATD-QCalls & TAAS key on it.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

Thank you both for your advice. The customer has decided they no longer want this "bridged" ringing. Yay!

Marie Curie

Charge them $500 for malicious customer interferance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back