Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATM4V2 Card Blocks Any Other Card!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex1978

Technical User
Feb 11, 2007
IT
Hi,

I'm working on an Avaya Ip Office 500 V2

The release of software on the PBX is 9.1

Software Manager is V10

I'm testing an ATM4V2 Card
(6 Digital Phones + 2 Analogue Phones and Daughter Card with 4 Analogue Trunk)
This card works corretcly, but only as Standalone Card in Avaya Ip Office 500 V2.

Now I'm attempting to install togheter to the ATM4V2 card...
any other new kind of Card (like Digital,Analogue,etc...),
nobody new Card is recognized from Avaya Ip Office 500 V2...
but ATM4V2 card go on to works...

The same thing with an other Avaya Ip Office 500 V2 (V9.1)

Is there something that I wrong?

Thanks who help me...
Alessio

You're actually resting a COMBO card, which has 6 digital and 2 analogue ports as its base, and an ATM4V2 as its Daughter card. You can NOT take that ATM-4 off of it and use it any place else, nor can you take off the ATM-4 and attempt to put some other type of daughter card in its place. Leave the Combo card alone and use it as-is

I mean that in first slot of Avaya Ip Office V2 I installed Atm4v2 6 digital ports 2 analogue ports and 4 analogue trunks it works perfect...but if installed in second time slot any other card...for example 8 analogue ports or other...this card become red doesn't work...only works Atm4v2...
But 8 analogue port is a new card...
It seems that Atm4v2 blocks any other card...

Sounds more like the needed firmware file for the second card is missing on the SD card. I would try to check that with DTE or Monitor.

maybe this is a stupid question, but exactly WHAT version of manager are you running?

Keep in mind that up until R8.1, manager releases were incremented by two, beyond the software release itself.

R8.0.66 = manager 10.0.66
R8.1.95 = manager 10.1.95

And once you hit R9, they match.

So today
R10.1 = R10.1 manager

So version 10 manger can be R8 software, or R10 software.

Confusing enough for you?

I believe that using a V2 combo card required R8.1.63+ software. If you are using an older release, the combo card should be red and not work. But if you've fooled around with upgrading/downgrading, etc., who knows what mish-mash of firmware files are on the SD card.

So, you might have weird firmware on the SD card. I would install the correct version of manager to match the chassis, then remove and recreate the SD card using that version of manager.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back