Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Atlas : What are your experiences so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jendeacott

Programmer
Feb 11, 2005
GB
Hi,

I've recently been testing the Atlas framework and wanted to see what everyone else thought about it.

I'm thinking about implementing it heavily on a new project and wondered if anyone had come across any problems in a production environment.

After coding Ajax manually it does feel very easy to get going. Which could be why I'm concerned that there's a problem around the corner!

Cheers,

Web Design Wetherby
Personal Web Design Service

I havent used Ajax in more then some simple stuff, but i've used Atlas in some projects i had.
So far so good since i've mostly used server side Atlas.

It looks verry promissing to bad that it lacks a complete documentation yet.

So small projects, custom controls and such worked fine using server side Atlas.

________
George, M
Searches(faq333-4906),Carts(faq333-4911)

The best and probably most used feature of Atlas is going to be UpdatePanels (dynamically regenerated sections of a Page updated via AJAX). I'd actually call that part of Atlas stable (I use it for a smaller web app currently in production).

Some of the tools are pretty useful, too (I like the AutoCompleteExtender in particular).

There are some issues, like incompatibility with Safari, immature client-side event engine, lack of client-side events raised by current control suite, etc., but if all you're looking for is the functionality of the UpdatePanel or something I'd say go for it without hesitation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back