Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ati x1650 pro driver causes BSOD at shutdown. help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckes101

Technical User
Feb 8, 2006
GB
Hi all and thanks very much for taking the time to look at my thread. I have the following set up ECS 667/1066 mobo/intel 3.4 dual core cpu/2 gig elixer ddr 667 ram/Maxtor 250 gig hdd. I have installed vista premium with no problems at all and when i use the on board graphics everything is as it should be. I put in an ati x1650 pci-ex graphics card and all is still OK before i install the driver that come with the card. As soon as i do install the driver everything is fine except when i shut down i get a BSOD with 2DVAG.dll on the screen. I have visited ati site and downloaded the latest drivers which is in with the catalyst center. When i try to load the latest catalyst i get a message saying cant find installed devices. Has anyone had this happen to them? Or can anyone offer me some advise please??

sorry guys forgot this vital piece of info..at shutdown here is the error stuff..

terminal server driver made incorrect memory referance

stop 0x000000cf (0x9e84f9f8,0x00000000,0x9e84f9f8,0x0000000)

ati2dvag.dll - address 9e84f9f8

First reboot and uninstall all your drivers for the card. Some of this can be done in Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs and disable ATI card in Device Manager. Reboot & run DriverCleaner using onboard GFX:

Next download the latest Catalyst driver from ATI to a folder on your desktop. Re-enable the ATI card. You now need to reboot and shut off (disable) the onboard graphics in BIOS...it will be under "integrated peripherals" or the like. If Vista automatically installs the ATI driver then go to the Catalyst file you downloaded and click on "setup".

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back