Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATI TV Wonder (being a real pain)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Blessing

Programmer
Feb 25, 2000
US
I received my AT TV Wonder directly from shopati.com on friday, I installed it the first couple times trying to install the software it crashed, and during the day it would lock up as I tried to set it up, by night fall, the card had been using my cable rather fine, but I notice whenever the player is open, or it's special taskbar is opened, I lock up very often, almost 20 times in a day, I've reinstalled the drivers, software, etc, I Even checked at ati.com for updates, none exist, apparently the code is based off win95 native programming, but is expected to work in 98, but if it locks up they blame it on the 95 native code, in any case, the card will no longer see any channels I have on the cable line, so that no longer works, and I've yet to hear from ATI, I hope they are not stalling me on purpose because I am just steps away from demanding a refund.

(also windows runs just fine if I am not using ATI TV, or it's launchbar)

Sys Info

Athlon 'classic' 750
Abit KA7 KX133
512Meg PC100 Rams
Geforce DDR Video (this is important to know since TV wonder uses Video overlay)
Windows 98 SE
DirectX version 7.0a
Latest VIA 4 in 1 drivers
Nvidia's reference denator 3 drivers (6.34)

Karl
kb244@kb244.com
Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)

I searched the web and found this artical. It has some links to some other drivers you could try, and also some one in it mentioned that the vid card works badly with AMD chips. Well here is the site.
Also if this doesn't help. You might try going to google.com
Hope this works!

I have found ATI TV Wonder, through the same site, and no one seems to mention a problem out it, I guess my review added will be the first to complain.
Karl
kb244@kb244.com
Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)

My bad. Here is a review about your card. The person reivewing it had the same type of problems as you. He suggested trying the card in each of your available PCI slots, and he also says it's very finiky about it's settings. Don't know if you know. ATI has some new drivers out. But you have to order them. You can't just download them (darn them!).
Hope you get it running soon!

I had a problem with the ATI Wonder Card and just this weekend solved it. The idea of moving it through PCI slots is sound. My card wouldnt work unless I deleted the Drivers for it and rebooted. Then when if I shutdown or rebooted it would not work. The card was in my PCI 2 slot of 4. I moved it to Slot 4 and now works like a champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back