Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ati Rage Fury Maxx 3d card causing freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suthern

Technical User
Dec 5, 2000
US
Help! While exiting games, my ATI RAGE FURY MAXX 3D card causes my computer to totally lock up. No mouse movement whatsoever! This also happens when starting up a game sometimes. Does anybody else have this problem? Any fixes? I have the latest drivers, downloaded from ati's webpage.

Please help,
Nate

I've seen this a couple of times where all I had to do was reinstall the latest version of directX. Give that a shot at least!

David Moore
dm7941@sbc.com

Hi,

I used to have two ATI cards on 2 Thunderbird systems with Biostar MBs and the VIA chipse. They both froze at certain times, like yours. Some people said to install the latest drivers from ATI and VIA but that didn't help. Finally I called Biostar and they said there was a known incompatability between any ATI board and the VIA chipset on my MB. They recommended nVidia boards. I got a couple of TNT based boards and every thing has been cool since.

Since you didn't mention the MB of chipset you have I don't know if that relates to your situation.

Gary

hi,

try updated the firmware in your MB and try the lastest version of directx (directx 8).

hui

hi

try changing the slot of the display card if its a PCI one

I have installed DirectX 8. It didn't help. This is a agp card. Where can I get the firmware in my MB?

Thanx,
Nate

I'm still haveing probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back