Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATI CCC error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoefie

Technical User
May 31, 2002
NL
Hi,
Can someone give me a tip here?

Have a problem and do not know which action may have caused it. Can not find anything similar posted (and search is not available at the moment)..

When i rightclick to paste in a folder, or simply to display properties for my desktop, a window will pop-up first, saying it is gathering the required information.
After a while, it tells me it can not find aticcc.msi file.
That's correct, it does not exist on my HD.
Have reinstalled all drivers, after downloading latest drivers for my ATI Radeon X1600 Pro (am using an asus a8n-e Mb, should you need to know). Even used the approach as described on the ATI site, removing ATI drivers one by one.
However, after an evening of removing, rebooting, etc, etc, still the same.
Any tip us helpful here!

gr. Rik

Have you tried an older or newer version of the drivers? Could be a bad version.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Thanks electronicsfreak,

After another night of numerous reboots, removing folders, registry items, etc, etc, I finally was able to overcome the annoying message.

In short I did:
- remove display adpater and ati software
- ran into an installation error
- Booted in safe mode
- removed folders containing ati software and restarted
- cleared registry items
- problem still existed in safe mode
- used original outdated drivers first, for chipset, sound and graphics
- updated to current drivers for ati graphics, ati mce, nvidia chipset drivers.

It did the trick.

As a nice side effect, also my new dvd drive (samsung 183 s-ata) was redetected by the new chipset drivers so this is installed properly now as well.

thanks for your response, and take care!

n/p glad you got it solved.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back