Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATI ALL IN WONDER PRO 8MEG in win xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

caraloca

Technical User
Mar 27, 2003
CA
Hi, i want your advice, I want to install this card, ATI ALL IN WONDER PRO 8MEG PCI, in my win xp pro.
My question is, is it a good card to run in win xp ?
my system is; amd 1300 mhz, 1024 mb, ati radeon 8500LE.
Somebody told me that it will run but limited, some features will be limited.
I want to transfer some movies from my camcorder.
Thank you

I once has this same card in windows 2000 and I believe ATI never released video capture drivers for both 2000 and XP for that card (I know they did release windows drivers at least--comes with XP). I honestly never tried searching, but take a look on the ATI site for the correct drivers.
In either case, I recommend a separate capture card. Your current 8500LE is much better than that all-in-wonder (it is a *very* old card).

I just notice that this is a video card, I thought that this card was a capture card that I can use together with the ati video card that i have.

Thank you , I guess I better look for something else.

Definitely consider Hauppauge's line of cards.

Don't forget that "capture quality" is just as important as having the input from a video card. Older ATI's (pre-Radeon 7000) and other older cards were barely able to capture at VHS quality.

Also, if your camcorder is new enough, transferring video via Firewire might be an option.

~cdogg
[tab]"All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind";
[tab][tab]- Aristotle
[tab][navy]For general rules and guidelines to get better answers, click here:[/navy] faq219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back