Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATI 7500/sound blaster live compatibilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fzy1

Technical User
Mar 5, 2003
US
I just installed the ATI 7500 on my GA-7ZXE board. The sound when I have it in TV mode is extremely scratchy. The other sounds are GREAT. I have reinstalled the drivers for both video and sound card. I am running Win XP home version with an XP1800 cpu. Can anyone solve this problem for me?

The problem may be the resolution is too high or too low. I had the same problem until I changed the desktop settings to "800x600" or "1024x768". Also I find it helps if you change the desktop to True Colour. Make sure that the ATI drivers are running because without them the screen does not fit the television, the picture is scratchy, and it’s black and white.

Sorry I did not notice that you said it conflicts with the sound, though the other tips would help. Are you using the TV’s speakers or the computers speakers? What sound card are you using?

I have a similar setup w/ the all in wonder 7500 ,sb live! , and xp1800+.
No problems besides those ATI drivers. Seems they posted new drivers one day when I was reloading my system to get Windows Media Player9 completely off. The drivers they had posted were bad, and they replaced the bad ones on the website within a few more hours.
See if they have any updated drivers since yesterday on their site. Make sure you read the driver installation guide completely and do not reboot when prompted.

I personally feel like a circus monkey when reinstalling ATI products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back