Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ata2

Status
Not open for further replies.

themanstan

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
US
Have a loud area and need to put a light of some kind to know when phone rings. Any why other than using a ATA?

You could use a M7100 they have a bell port on the back you can get a strope from Wheelock and hook it up that way.

Support Our Troops

Viking Electronics M2W is a good load ringer that you splice into the speaker leads of a digital phone. Has volume control and can be very loud. This will broadcast pages, voice calls and ring.

If you put in a T series phone, they have a red LED on them that will flash, but that might not grab your attention if you're not right next to it. I've had to install a strobe in a bank for a deaf employee. I used a M7100, and a third party strobe (MiketheSandman,I think), but as endlesswinter was saying, there's no reason you couldnt tap the speaker inside the set on a different model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back