Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ATA for Fax

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTI09

Technical User
Jul 15, 2009
US
Hello, I have a customer with a need for a fax machine at their remote site. They have a few IP phones at this site as well. They have an IPO R8. Can someone recommend an ATA solution that will work for this? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

I've got a Cisco SPA112 working with a 3rd party IP endpoint license at our office. Works like a charm and affordable.

I use the Patton M-ATA.
No issues
use G.711

On the Fax machine
Turn down the speed
Turn OFF or disable ECM

What sort of trunks do you have?

We only have SIP trunks here and in theory Fax doesn't play well but we just connect the fax to an Phone 8 port. Phone 2 modules aren't that expensive.

We don't use fax very often but for regular use a separate PSTN line is the best option.

I have use both the Patton M-ATA and the SPA112.
neither are POE.
Both work without issue.
I use G711, I have never gotten T.38 to work.

Both on SIP trunks.

Agreed on the VIP-156PE -- it just works and was super simple to configure. We only use it a few times a week, but seems to work fine in and out using our sip outgoing lines too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back